School Travel Plan
School Travel Plan
Kobi Nazrul have applied for the Bronze Level accreditation by STARS (Sustainable Travel: Active, Responsible, Safe), which is Transport for London’s (TfL) travel plan accreditation programme. This is awarded for our achievements and commitment to reducing car travel and encouraging walking, cycling and road safety.
Click below to read our School's Travel Plan
If you want to find out more about the Sustainable Travel Accreditation and Recognition please visit
We all know how much easier it is to travel when the streets are clear during the school holidays.
More children are being driven to school than ever before which leads to blocked roads and congested school gates. Most children live within walking or cycling distance of school so it makes sense to give parents and children some school-run alternatives.
School Travel Plans (STPs) are useful to manage traffic and transport across the borough. They sets out how schools intend to increase levels of walking, cycling and use of public transport for the journey to and from school. It is based on consultation and engagement with teachers, parents, pupils, governors/boards and other local people.
A STP is about much more than simply making sure children can get to school on time. By giving children, parents and staff alternatives to using the car every day for the journey to and from school, there are plenty of other benefits:
- Improved safety of pupils due to less traffic
- Less congestion around the school and in the local community
- Healthier, happier, more alert pupils thanks to active travel like cycling and walking
- Less pollution around the school and local area
- Improvements to cycling and walking routes including safer places to cross the road
- Improved road awareness of pupils
- Greater staff health and well being
- Improved journey reliability for staff, pupils and parents